- Part Of:
- Etching and engraving, 1st state on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet (trimmed inside plate): 8 1/2 × 12 inches (21.6 × 30.5 cm) and Image: 5 13/16 × 8 9/16 inches (14.8 × 21.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.96.E.P. II (a)"; inscribed in graphite, upper right: "(22"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R 96.E.P.2(a) | [...] ch. & etched by"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "[...] | 10/6 | Ward [sofa] | unfinished"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "A Wallis"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "(Halstead's writing [AlF]) | Engraver's [choice] proof | first state"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner R.A. | Dartmouth Devon"; lettered, lower right: Etched by W.B.Cooke 1814."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- castle | marine art | river
- Associated Places:
- Dartmouth | Dartmouth Castle | Devon | England | Europe | River Dart | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Bernard Cooke, 1778–1855, British, Dartmouth, Devon, 1814
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.