- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Etching and engraving, 1st state on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 1/2 × 12 inches (21.6 × 30.5 cm), Image: 5 13/16 × 8 9/16 inches (14.8 × 21.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.96.E.P. II (a)"; inscribed in graphite, upper right: "(22"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R 96.E.P.2(a) | [...] ch. & etched by"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "[...] | 10/6 | Ward [sofa] | unfinished"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "A Wallis"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "(Halstead's writing [AlF]) | Engraver's [choice] proof | first state"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner R.A. | Dartmouth Devon"; lettered, lower right: Etched by W.B.Cooke 1814."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- castle | marine art | river
- Associated Places:
- Dartmouth | Dartmouth Castle | Devon | England | Europe | River Dart | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Bernard Cooke, 1778–1855, British, Dartmouth, Devon, 1814
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.