Pendennis Castle and Entrance of Falmouth Harbour
- Part Of:
- 1814 to 1826
- Etching, graphite, and line engraving, touched proof on thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 11 7/16 × 17 3/8 inches (29.1 × 44.1 cm), 9 1/4 × 12 1/4 inches (23.5 × 31.1 cm), and 6 1/4 × 9 3/8 inches (15.9 × 23.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Touched proff by Turner"; inscribed in graphite, upper left; "14"
Collector's stamp, lower right: "W.G.R."
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner, R.A. | Pendennis Castle, and entrance of Falmouth Harbour"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bay (body of water) | castle | headland | landscape (representation) | marine art
- Associated Places:
- Carrick Roads | Cornwall | England | Europe | Falmouth | Falmouth Bay | Pendennis Castle | Pennance Point | St. Anthony's Head | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by George Cooke, 1781–1834, British, Pendennis Castle and Entrance of Falmouth Harbour, 1814 to 1826
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.