Pendennis Castle, and Entrance of Falmouth Harbour
- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Etching and engraving, first published state on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 3/16 × 17 1/4 inches (28.4 × 43.8 cm), Plate: 9 3/8 × 12 1/4 inches (23.8 × 31.1 cm), Image: 6 1/4 × 9 1/2 inches (15.9 × 24.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.101. Completed E.R."
Collector's mark: W. G. Rawlinson (Lugt 2624)
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W.Turner R.A. | Pendennis Castle, and entrance of Falmouth harbour."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by George Cooke"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bay (body of water) | castle | headland | landscape (representation) | marine art
- Associated Places:
- Carrick Roads | Cornwall | England | Europe | Falmouth | Falmouth Bay | Pendennis Castle | Pennance Point | St. Anthony's Head | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by George Cooke, 1781–1834, British, Pendennis Castle, and Entrance of Falmouth Harbour, 1814-1826
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.