Pendennis Castle and Entrance of Falmouth Harbour
- Part Of:
- Etching and line engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/16 × 14 1/16 inches (25.6 × 35.7 cm), Plate: 9 1/4 × 12 1/4 inches (23.5 × 31.1 cm), and Image: 6 1/4 × 9 3/8 inches (15.9 × 23.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.101."; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.101. Etching"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "AW"
Lettered, lower left: Drawn by J.M.W. Turner R.A. | Pendennis Castle, and entrance of Falmouth harbour."; lettered, lower right: "Etched by George cooke"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bay (body of water) | castle | headland | landscape (representation) | marine art
- Associated Places:
- Carrick Roads | Cornwall | England | Europe | Falmouth | Falmouth Bay | Pendennis Castle | Pennance Point | St. Anthony's Head | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by George Cooke, 1781–1834, British, Pendennis Castle and Entrance of Falmouth Harbour, 1814-1826
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.