East & West Looe, Cornwall
- Part Of:
- Etching and line engraving, early first proof on thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 12 × 17 1/4 inches (30.5 × 43.8 cm), Plate: 9 × 11 7/8 inches (22.9 × 30.2 cm), and Image: 6 3/16 × 9 3/8 inches (15.7 × 23.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.104.Etching"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Early First Proof"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "Hc"
Collector's stamp, lower right: "W.G.R."
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Trner R.A. | East & West Looe, Cornwall"; lettered, lower right: "Etched by W.B. Cooke.1818."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bay (body of water) | bridge | churches | cityscape | landscape (representation) | marine art | river
- Associated Places:
- Cornwall | East Looe | England | Europe | Looe Bay | River Looe | St. Mary's Church | St. Nicholas' Church | United Kingdom | West Looe
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Bernard Cooke, 1778–1855, British, East & West Looe, Cornwall, 1818
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.