East & West Looe, Cornwall
- Part Of:
- Etching and engraving on thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper, with cream, chine collé
- Sheet: 14 7/8 × 21 1/8 inches (37.8 × 53.7 cm), Plate: 9 5/8 × 12 1/2 inches (24.4 × 31.8 cm), Chine collé: 8 15/16 × 11 15/16 inches (22.7 × 30.3 cm), and Image: 6 1/4 × 9 1/2 inches (15.9 × 24.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.104."; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "a/inf -"
Collector's stamp, lower right: "W.G.R."
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner R.A. | East & West Looe, Cornwall"; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by W.B. Cooke 1818."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bay (body of water) | bridge | churches | cityscape | landscape (representation) | marine art | river
- Associated Places:
- Cornwall | East Looe | England | Europe | Looe Bay | River Looe | St. Mary's Church | St. Nicholas' Church | United Kingdom | West Looe
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Bernard Cooke, 1778–1855, British, East & West Looe, Cornwall, 1818
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.