East & West Looe, Cornwall
- Part Of:
- Etching and engraving on thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper, with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 14 7/8 × 21 1/8 inches (37.8 × 53.7 cm), Plate: 9 5/8 × 12 1/2 inches (24.4 × 31.8 cm), Chine collé: 8 15/16 × 11 15/16 inches (22.7 × 30.3 cm), and Image: 6 1/4 × 9 1/2 inches (15.9 × 24.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.104."; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "a/inf -"
Collector's stamp, lower right: "W.G.R."
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner R.A. | East & West Looe, Cornwall"; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by W.B. Cooke 1818."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bay (body of water) | bridge | churches | cityscape | landscape (representation) | marine art | river
- Associated Places:
- Cornwall | East Looe | England | Europe | Looe Bay | River Looe | St. Mary's Church | St. Nicholas' Church | United Kingdom | West Looe
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Bernard Cooke, 1778–1855, British, East & West Looe, Cornwall, 1818
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.