- Part Of:
- Etching and line engraving; first published state on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper, with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 11 3/8 × 17 3/8 inches (28.9 × 44.1 cm), Plate: 8 3/8 × 12 inches (21.3 × 30.5 cm), Chine collé: 8 3/4 × 11 3/4 inches (22.2 × 29.8 cm), and Image: 6 1/4 × 9 3/8 inches (15.9 × 23.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.109. Completed E.P."; lower right: "W W Lodd [...] from his friend [...] Ward"
Blind embossed "W.G.R."
Lettered below image: "Drawn by J.M.W Turner R.A. | Fowey, Cornwall | Engraved by W.B. Cooke. 1820."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- castle | channel (water body component) | landscape (representation) | marine art | river | watchtowers
- Associated Places:
- Cornwall | English Channel | Europe | Fowey | Fowey Blockhouse | Fowey River | Polruan Blockhouse | St. Catherine's Castle | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Bernard Cooke, 1778–1855, British, Fowey, Cornwall, 1820
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.