Torbay from Brixham
- Part Of:
- 1814 to 1826
- Etching and line engraving; first published state india paper on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper, with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 13 1/2 × 19 inches (34.3 × 48.3 cm), Plate: 9 × 12 inches (22.9 × 30.5 cm), Chine collé: 8 1/8 × 11 7/8 inches (20.6 × 30.2 cm), Image: 6 1/2 × 9 1/2 inches (16.5 × 24.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: " R.111. Completed E.P." on verso in graphite, lower right: "Engraving proof"
Collector's mark: W. G. Rawlinson (Lugt 2624)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- channel (water body component) | harbour | landscape (representation) | marine art
- Associated Places:
- Brixham | Brixham Harbour | Devon | England | English Channel | Europe | Torbay | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Bernard Cooke, 1778–1855, British, Torbay from Brixham, 1814 to 1826
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.