- Part Of:
- Etching; open etching touched on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 12 1/8 × 17 1/4 inches (30.8 × 43.8 cm), Plate: 9 × 12 inches (22.9 × 30.5 cm), Image: 6 1/8 × 8 3/8 inches (15.6 × 21.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Early state, before rivers for [...] were cleaned out | foreground darkened and shaded with brown | R.112. Etching touched."
Lettered below image: "J.M.W. Turner R.A. | Etched W.B. Cooke 1820. | Minehead Somersetshire."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- castle | landscape (representation) | river | tower (single built work)
- Associated Places:
- Avill | Conygar Tower | Dunster | Dunster Castle | England | Europe | Minehead | Somerset | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Bernard Cooke, 1778–1855, British, Minehead, Somersetshire, 1820
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.