- Part Of:
Collective Title: Cooke's Picturesque Views of the Southern Coast of England
- Etching and line engraving; first published state india paper on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 3/4 × 17 3/8 inches (29.8 × 44.1 cm), Plate: 9 × 12 inches (22.9 × 30.5 cm), Image: 6 1/4 × 9 3/8 inches (15.9 × 23.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R113. Completed E.P."; lower right: "M.W Loddin from his sincere friend Cooke"
Collector's mark: W. G. Rawlinson (Lugt 2624)
Lettered below image: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner R.A. | Engraved by George Cooke 1823 | MARGATE"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cityscape | headland | lighthouse | marine art | sea
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Foreness Point | Kent | Margate | Margate Lighthouse | North Sea | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Translations - Turner and Printmaking (Yale Center for British Art, 1993-09-29 - 1993-12-05) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Eric M. Lee, Translations : Turner and printmaking, Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, 1993, p. 19, no. 40, NJ18 .T85 L44 1993 (YCBA) [YCBA]