IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by George Cooke, 1781–1834, British, Hythe, Kent, 1824
- Part Of:
Collective Title: Cooke's Picturesque Views of the Southern Coast of England
- Etching and line engraving; engraver's proof on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 3/4 × 11 3/4 inches (22.2 × 29.8 cm), Image: 5 7/8 × 9 1/8 inches (14.9 × 23.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R. 118. E.P.I."
Lettered below image: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner. R.A. | Etched by George Cooke. 1824. | Hythe. Kent."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- channel (water body component) | church | landscape (representation) | marine art | military art
- Associated Places:
- England | English Channel | Europe | Hythe | Kent | Royal Military Canal | St. Leonard's Church | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.