- Part Of:
- Etching and line engraving; first published state india paper on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper, with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 11 1/2 × 16 7/8 inches (29.2 × 42.9 cm), Plate: 9 1/2 × 12 1/4 inches (24.1 × 31.1 cm), Chine collé: 9 3/8 × 12 1/8 inches (23.8 × 30.8 cm), and Image: 6 × 9 1/4 inches (15.2 × 23.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R. 118. Completed E.P."; lower right: "Engraver's Proof on [...]"
Blind embossed: "W.G.R."
Lettered below image: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner RA. | Engraved by George Cooke 1824 | Hythe. Kent."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- channel (water body component) | church | landscape (representation) | marine art | military art
- Associated Places:
- England | English Channel | Europe | Hythe | Kent | Royal Military Canal | St. Leonard's Church | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by George Cooke, 1781–1834, British, Hythe, Kent, 1824
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.