- Part Of:
- 1814 to 1826
- Etching and line engraving; engraver's proof on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 3/8 × 17 inches (28.9 × 43.2 cm), Plate: 9 × 12 inches (22.9 × 30.5 cm), and Image: 6 × 9 3/8 inches (15.2 × 23.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: " R. 119."; upper right: "5h."; lower left: "R. 119 Completed EP. V."; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "Engravers Proof | Very Rare"; lower left: "Esctt .P. Mellon Coll | Pultiere | 188.8.131.52 of 10"; lower right: "T. 3803"
Lettered below image: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner R.A. | Engraved by William Miller | Coombe-Martin, Devonshire."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bay (body of water) | landscape | marine art
- Associated Places:
- Bristol Channel | Combe Martin | Combe Martin Bay | Devon | England | Europe | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Miller, 1796–1882, British, Coombe-Martin, Devonshire, 1814 to 1826
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.