IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by William Miller, 1796–1882, British, Portsmouth, Hampshire, 1814 to 1826
- Part Of:
Collective Title: Cooke's Picturesque Views of the Southern Coast of England
- 1814 to 1826
- Etching and line engraving; engraver's proof touched on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 5/8 × 17 1/2 inches (29.5 × 44.5 cm), Plate: 9 × 12 inches (22.9 × 30.5 cm), Image: 6 1/4 × 9 1/4 inches (15.9 × 23.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.120. Completed. E.P."
Collector's mark: W. G. Rawlinson (Lugt 2624)
Lettered below image: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner R.A. | Etched by William Miller | Portsmouth Hampshire"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bay (body of water) | cathedral | cityscape | harbor | marine art | tower (single built work)
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Hampshire | Portsmouth | Portsmouth Cathedral | Portsmouth Harbor | Square Tower | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.