- Part Of:
- 1814 to 1826
- Etching and line engraving; engraver's proof touched on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 5/8 × 17 1/2 inches (29.5 × 44.5 cm), Plate: 9 × 12 inches (22.9 × 30.5 cm), and Image: 6 1/4 × 9 1/4 inches (15.9 × 23.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.120. Completed. E.P."
Blind embossed: "W.G.R"
Lettered below image: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner R.A. | Etched by William Miller | Portsmouth Hampshire"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bay (body of water) | cathedral | cityscape | harbor | marine art | tower (single built work)
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Hampshire | Portsmouth | Portsmouth Cathedral | Portsmouth Harbor | Square Tower | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Miller, 1796–1882, British, Portsmouth, Hampshire, 1814 to 1826
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.