IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Edward Goodall, 1795–1870, British, Mount Edgecomb, Devonshire, 1814 to 1826
Mount Edgecomb, Devonshire
- Additional Title(s):
Mount Edgcumbe, Devonshire
- Part Of:
Collective Title: Cooke's Picturesque Views of the Southern Coast of England
- 1814 to 1826
- Etching and line engraving; first published state on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 13 1/8 × 17 inches (33.3 × 43.2 cm), Plate: 9 1/8 × 12 inches (23.2 × 30.5 cm), Image: 6 1/2 × 9 1/2 inches (16.5 × 24.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R. 125. Completed EP.; lower left: "Mount Edgecomb, Devonshire"
Collector's mark: W. G. Rawlinson (Lugt 2624)
Lettered below image: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner R.A. | Engraved by E Goodall."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- marine art
- Associated Places:
- Cornwall | Devon | England | English Channel | Europe | Mount Edgcumbe Country Park Estate | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.