Venice, The Rialto - Moonlight
- Part Of:
- Line engraving, engraver's proof on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, wove paper, with cream, chine colle
- Sheet: 14 1/4 × 9 5/8 inches (36.2 × 24.4 cm), Plate: 11 5/8 × 6 1/4 inches (29.5 × 15.9 cm), Chine collé: 11 1/4 × 5 15/16 inches (28.6 × 15.1 cm), and Image: 3 1/2 × 3 3/4 inches (8.9 × 9.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.386"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Rialto - Moonlight [...] Published - Probably intended for Byron's Works."
Collector's stamp, lower right: "W.G.R."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bridge | canal
- Associated Places:
- Grand Canal | Italy | Ponte di Rialto | Venice
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Miller, 1796–1882, British, Venice, The Rialto - Moonlight, 1834
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.