Lake of Nemi
- Part Of:
- Line engraving and etching, engraver's proof (touched) on medium, slightly textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet: 7 1/2 × 11 5/8 inches (19.1 × 29.5 cm) and Image: 5 11/16 × 8 9/16 inches (14.4 × 21.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.155"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "N.B. | Memorandum on back | in Turner's handwriting"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, verso, upper center: "Artists Fund | Mr. Bateman's Esq: | [Hon:y Sum]. Artists [Ben]. at Fund | Free Masons Tavern | Tuesday [from:[...] 7 oclk-May 9 k.1820"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "(turners handwriting)"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "v/v/w"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- church | hill | lake | landscape (representation) | palace
- Associated Places:
- Albani, Colli | Church of Santa Maria della Cima | Europe | Genzano di Roma | Italy | Lazio | Nemi, Lago di | Palazzo Sforza Caeserini
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Etched by Samuel Middiman, ca. 1750–1831, British, Lake of Nemi, 1818-1820
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.