Naples, from the Mole
- Part Of:
- Etching and engraving on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper, with cream chine collé
- 11 × 15 inches (27.9 × 38.1 cm), 10 1/16 × 13 inches (25.6 × 33 cm), 9 9/16 × 12 1/2 inches (24.3 × 31.8 cm), and 5 1/2 × 8 5/8 inches (14 × 21.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.156. Etching"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "156. Etching"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "156"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "2921a"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner R.A."; lettered, lower right: "Etched by George Cooke, 1819."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | castle | charterhouse | cityscape | gulf | marine art | port
- Associated Places:
- Campania | Castel Nuovo | Castel Sant'Elmo | Certosa di San Martino | Europe | Golfo di Napoli | Italy | Napoli | Port of Naples
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by George Cooke, 1781–1834, British, Naples, from the Mole, 1819
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.