Addingham Mill on the Warfe
- Open etching and line engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper, with cream, chine colle
- Sheet: 12 × 17 1/4 inches (30.5 × 43.8 cm), Plate: 7 1/4 × 9 inches (18.4 × 22.9 cm), Chine collé: 7 × 8 7/8 inches (17.8 × 22.5 cm), and Image: 5 1/8 × 7 1/4 inches (13 × 18.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Arthington | Hartington Mill on the Wharfe | Unknown"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "The Drawing belongs to J.E. Taylor"
Collector's mark: "W.G.R."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape (representation) | river
- Associated Places:
- Addingham | Bradford | England | Europe | High Mill | United Kingdom | West Yorkshire | Wharfe
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James C. Allen, active 1821–1831, British, Addingham Mill on the Warfe, 1821
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.