- The Observatory at Rosehill, Sussex
- Etching and line engraving; engraver's proof on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 7 1/2 x 11in. (19.1 x 27.9cm), DON'T USE: 11in. (27.9cm), DON'T USE: 16in. (40.6cm), Plate: 10in. (25.4cm), and Plate: 13in. (33cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "before left foreground darkened"; lower right: "early state with many more lights"
Blind embossed: "W.G.R."
Lettered below image: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner Esq. R.A. | Etched by W.B. Cooke, 1816." | The Observatory | at Rosehill, Sussex, The Seat of John Fuller Esq. | London Published as the Act Directs By W.B Cooke, York Place, Pentonville. | Sept. 1. 1816"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Bernard Cooke, 1778–1855, British, The Observatory at Rosehill, Sussex, 1816
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.