Richmondshire Castle and Town
- Part Of:
- Line engraving, engraver's proof (touched) on moderately thic, slightly textured, cream, wove paper, with cream, chine colle
- Sheet (trimmed inside plate): 11 1/2 × 17 3/8 inches (29.2 × 44.1 cm), Chine collé: 10 9/16 × 15 3/8 inches (26.8 × 39.1 cm), and Image: 7 9/16 × 10 7/8 inches (19.2 × 27.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "a | 170. E.P. touched"; inscribed in graphite, lower center: "X Running Water"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "A Walli's | Richamond"; Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "R.R. Engraver's Rare Proof | Touched Proof by Turner - Unique"
Collector's stampe, verso, lower right: "J.E.Taylor Collection. | 15.7.12 A.W."
Lettered, lower right: "J. Archer Sc."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bridge | castle | landscape (representation) | river | ruin
- Associated Places:
- England | North Yorkshire | Richmond | Richmond Castle | Swale | The Green Bridge | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Wykeham Archer, 1808–1864, British, Richmondshire Castle and Town, 1820
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.