- Richmondshire Castle and Town
- Line engraving, engraver's proof (touched) on moderately thic, slightly textured, cream, wove paper, with cream, chine colle
- Sheet: 11 1/2 × 17 3/8 inches (29.2 × 44.1 cm), Chine collé: 10 9/16 × 15 3/8 inches (26.8 × 39.1 cm), and Image: 7 9/16 × 10 7/8 inches (19.2 × 27.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "a | 170. E.P. touched"; inscribed in graphite, lower center: "X Running Water"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "A Walli's | Richamond"; Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "R.R. Engraver's Rare Proof | Touched Proof by Turner - Unique"
Collector's stampe, verso, lower right: "J.E.Taylor Collection. | 15.7.12 A.W."
Lettered, lower right: "J. Archer Sc."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Wykeham Archer, 1808–1864, British, Richmondshire Castle and Town, 1820
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.