Junction of the Greta and Tees at Rokeby
- Part Of:
- Line engraving and etching, engraver's proof on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream, laid paper, with cream, chine colle
- Sheet: 11 15/16 × 17 15/16 inches (30.3 × 45.6 cm), Plate: 11 1/4 × 17 1/2 inches (28.6 × 44.5 cm), Chine collé: 10 3/4 × 17 inches (27.3 × 43.2 cm), and Image: 7 5/16 × 10 5/8 inches (18.6 × 27 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.175.EP(c)"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Turner R.A. | x"; inscribed in graphite, lower center: "junction of the Greta and Tees Yorkshire."; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "i/ -/"
Collector's stamp, lower right: "W.G.R."
Lettered, lower center: "Engrav'd by John Pye 1819"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape (representation) | rivers
- Associated Places:
- Durham | England | Greta | Rokeby | Tees | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Pye, 1782–1874, British, Junction of the Greta and Tees at Rokeby, 1819
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.