Junction of the Greta and Tees at Rokeby
- Part Of:
- Etching and line engraving, engraver's proof on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 13 3/8 × 17 11/16 inches (34 × 44.9 cm), Plate: 11 1/4 × 17 3/8 inches (28.6 × 44.1 cm), and Image: 7 5/16 × 10 9/16 inches (18.6 × 26.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.175.E.P.(a) | ex Taylor."; inscribed in pen and brown ink, lowr right: "[To Rish' Barnett Engr. from J.P.]"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.176. E.P. [1.(P's(a).]"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "A.Wallis"
Collector's stamp, verso, lower right: "J.E.Taylor Collection. | 15.7.12 A.W."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape (representation) | rivers
- Associated Places:
- Durham | England | Greta | Rokeby | Tees | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Pye, 1782–1874, British, Junction of the Greta and Tees at Rokeby, 1818-1823
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.