Merrick Abbey, Swaledale
- Additional Title(s):
- Part Of:
- Line engraving, etching and graphite, engraver's proof on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet (trimmed inside plate): 8 9/16 × 11 13/16 inches (21.7 × 30 cm) and Image: 7 5/8 × 10 13/16 inches (19.4 × 27.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "before the writing | [...]"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Touched Proof"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "J.M.W.Turner"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "Swale Dale | Richmond Yorkshire | [v/wv/o]"
Colector's stampe, lower right: "W.G.R."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- abbey | architectural subject | landscape (representation) | priory | river | valley (landform)
- Associated Places:
- England | Marrick Priory | North Yorkshire | Richmond | Swale | Swaledale | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by J. C. Varrall, active 1815–1827, Merrick Abbey, Swaledale, 1822
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.