Merrick Abbey, Swaledale
- Additional Title(s):
- Part Of:
- Line engraving and etching, engraver's proof on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper, with cream, chine colle
- Sheet (trimmed inside plate): 10 9/16 × 16 inches (26.8 × 40.6 cm), Chine collé (trimmed to sheet): 10 9/16 × 16 inches (26.8 × 40.6 cm), and Image: 7 5/8 × 10 7/8 inches (19.4 × 27.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.178 E.P. (b)"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "Engraver's choice Proof | very [...]"
Collector's stamp, lower right: "W.G.R."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- abbey | architectural subject | landscape (representation) | priory | river | valley (landform)
- Associated Places:
- England | Marrick Priory | North Yorkshire | Richmond | Swale | Swaledale | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by J. C. Varrall, active 1815–1827, Merrick Abbey, Swaledale, 1818-1823
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.