Traitor's Gate - Tower of London
- Part Of:
- Line engraving on thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper, with cream, chine colle
- Sheet: 17 3/8 × 11 inches (44.1 × 27.9 cm), Plate: 11 1/2 × 6 inches (29.2 × 15.2 cm), Chine collé: 10 15/16 × 5 11/16 inches (27.8 × 14.4 cm), and Image: 3 1/2 × 3 1/4 inches (8.9 × 8.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.383"; inscribed in graphite, ower left: "Traitor's Gate. Tower of London"
Collector's stamp, lower right: "W.G.R."
Lettered, center left; "Turner, R.A."; lettered, center right: "Goodall"; lettered, lower right: "Printed by Gad & Keningale."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- gate | river | tower (single built work)
- Associated Places:
- London | Thames | Tower Hamlets | Tower of London | Traitor's Gate | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Edward Goodall, 1795–1870, British, Traitor's Gate - Tower of London, 1834
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.