Traitor's Gate - Tower of London
- Part Of:
- Line engraving on thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper, with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 17 3/8 × 11 inches (44.1 × 27.9 cm), Plate: 11 1/2 × 6 inches (29.2 × 15.2 cm), Chine collé: 10 15/16 × 5 11/16 inches (27.8 × 14.4 cm), Image: 3 1/2 × 3 1/4 inches (8.9 × 8.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.383"; inscribed in graphite, ower left: "Traitor's Gate. Tower of London"
Collector's mark: W. G. Rawlinson (Lugt 2624)
Lettered, center left; "Turner, R.A."; lettered, center right: "Goodall"; lettered, lower right: "Printed by Gad & Keningale."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | gate | river | tower (single built work)
- Associated Places:
- London | Thames | Tower Hamlets | Tower of London | Traitor's Gate | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Edward Goodall, 1795–1870, British, Traitor's Gate - Tower of London, 1834
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.