IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Henry Le Keux, 1787–1868, British, Simmer Lake near Askrig, 1818-1823
Simmer Lake near Askrig
- Additional Title(s):
Semerwater Lake, near Askrigg
- Part Of:
- Etching and line engraving; engraver's proof on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper, with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 15 1/2 × 19 15/16 inches (39.4 × 50.6 cm), Plate: 12 × 16 inches (30.5 × 40.6 cm), Chine collé: 11 13/16 × 15 7/8 inches (30 × 40.3 cm), Image: 7 1/2 × 10 1/2 inches (19.1 × 26.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.180.E.P.(g)"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Yorkshire"; inscribed in graphite, verso, upper right: "3059"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "0 + 0 Engravers [...] Proof"
Collector's mark: W. G. Rawlinson (Lugt 2624)
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner R.A."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by H. le Keux. | Simmer Lake near Askrig"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- lake | landscape (representation) | national park
- Associated Places:
- England | North Yorkshire | Semer Water | United Kingdom | Yorkshire Dales National Park
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.