Simmer Lake near Askrig
- Additional Title(s):
Semerwater Lake, near Askrigg
- Part Of:
- Line engraving, and etching engraver's proof on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper, with cream, chine colle
- Sheet: 15 1/2 × 19 15/16 inches (39.4 × 50.6 cm), Plate: 12 × 16 inches (30.5 × 40.6 cm), Chine collé: 11 13/16 × 15 7/8 inches (30 × 40.3 cm), and Image: 7 1/2 × 10 1/2 inches (19.1 × 26.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.180.E.P.(g)"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Yorkshire"; inscribed in graphite, verso, upper right: "3059"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "0 + 0 Engravers [...] Proof"
Collector's stamp, lower center and lower right: "W.G.R."
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner R.A."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by H. le Keux. | Simmer Lake near Askrig"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- lake | landscape (representation) | national park
- Associated Places:
- England | North Yorkshire | Semer Water | United Kingdom | Yorkshire Dales National Park
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Henry Le Keux, 1787–1868, British, Simmer Lake near Askrig, 1818-1823
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.