Simmer Lake near Askrig
- Etching and engraving on thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 15 1/16 × 22 inches (38.3 × 55.9 cm), Plate: 12 × 16 1/16 inches (30.5 × 40.8 cm), and Image: 7 1/2 × 10 1/2 inches (19.1 × 26.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.180. Etching."; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.180 Etching"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "Ward [r/a]"
Collectors stamp, verso, lower right: "J.E.Taylor Collection | 15.7.12 A.W."
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner R.A."; lettered, lower right: "Engrav'd by H. Le Keux."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- lake | landscape (representation) | national park
- Associated Places:
- England | North Yorkshire | Semer Water | United Kingdom | Yorkshire Dales National Park
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Henry Le Keux, 1787–1868, British, Simmer Lake near Askrig, 1818-1823
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.