Simmer Lake near Askrig
- Etching; open etched state on thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 15 1/16 × 22 inches (38.3 × 55.9 cm), Plate: 12 × 16 1/16 inches (30.5 × 40.8 cm), and Image: 7 1/2 × 10 1/2 inches (19.1 × 26.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.180. Etching."; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.180 Etching"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "Ward [r/a]"
Collectors stamp, verso, lower right: "J.E.Taylor Collection | 15.7.12 A.W."
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner R.A."; lettered, lower right: "Engrav'd by H. Le Keux."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- lake | landscape (representation) | national park
- Associated Places:
- England | North Yorkshire | Semer Water | United Kingdom | Yorkshire Dales National Park
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Henry Le Keux, 1787–1868, British, Simmer Lake near Askrig, 1822
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.