- Part Of:
- Line engraving, engraver's proof on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper, with gray, chine colle
- Sheet: 11 1/8 × 15 1/4 inches (28.3 × 38.7 cm), Plate: 9 15/16 × 12 1/4 inches (25.2 × 31.1 cm), Chine collé: 9 1/2 × 11 7/8 inches (24.1 × 30.2 cm), and Image: 6 3/8 × 9 9/16 inches (16.2 × 24.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Early [trial] proof."
Collector's stamp: "W.G.R."
Lettered, lower center: "Etched by E.Goodall"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | castle | marine art | sea
- Associated Places:
- Forth | Forth, Firth of | North Berwick | North Sea | Scotland | Tantallon Castle | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Edward Goodall, 1795–1870, British, Tantallon Castle, 1822
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.