- Part Of:
- Line engraving, engraver's proof on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper, with cream chine collé
- 14 1/4 × 10 1/8 inches (36.2 × 25.7 cm), 10 × 12 1/4 inches (25.4 × 31.1 cm), 9 3/4 × 11 15/16 inches (24.8 × 30.3 cm), and 6 7/16 × 9 9/16 inches (16.4 × 24.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "W. [Priar] with E. Goodall's [...]"
Collector's stamp, lower right: "W.G.R."
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W.Turner, R.A."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by E.Goodall 1822."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | castle | marine art | sea
- Associated Places:
- Forth | Forth, Firth of | North Berwick | North Sea | Scotland | Tantallon Castle | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Edward Goodall, 1795–1870, British, Tantallon Castle, 1822
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.