- Part Of:
- Line engraving and etching, engraver's proof on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper, with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 14 1/2 × 19 3/4 inches (36.8 × 50.2 cm), Plate: 10 × 13 inches (25.4 × 33 cm), Chine collé: 9 1/2 × 12 9/16 inches (24.1 × 31.9 cm), and Image: 6 3/4 × 10 inches (17.1 × 25.4 cm)
Watermark: J Whatman Collector's stamp, lower right: "W.G.R."
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W.Turner R.A. | Bass Rock."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by Willm. Miller"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- castle | marine art | ruin | sea
- Associated Places:
- Bass Rock | Bass Rock Castle | East Lothian | Forth, Firth of | North Sea | Scotland | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Miller, 1796–1882, British, Bass Rock, 1826