- Part Of:
- Line engraving and etching, engraver's proof on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper, with cream chine colle
- Sheet: 14 1/2 × 19 3/4 inches (36.8 × 50.2 cm), Plate: 10 × 13 inches (25.4 × 33 cm), Chine collé: 9 1/2 × 12 9/16 inches (24.1 × 31.9 cm), and Image: 6 3/4 × 10 inches (17.1 × 25.4 cm)
Watermark: J Whatman Collector's stamp, lower right: "W.G.R."
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W.Turner R.A. | Bass Rock."; lettered, lower right: "Engraved by Willm. Miller"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- castle | marine art | ruin | sea
- Associated Places:
- Bass Rock | Bass Rock Castle | East Lothian | Forth, Firth of | North Sea | Scotland | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Miller, 1796–1882, British, Bass Rock, 1826
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.