- Part Of:
- Line engraving and etching, 2nd state on thick, moderately textured, beige wove paper, with beige chine collé
- Sheet: 11 3/16 × 15 1/8 inches (28.4 × 38.4 cm), Plate: 10 × 12 15/16 inches (25.4 × 32.9 cm), Chine collé: 9 5/8 × 12 1/2 inches (24.4 × 31.8 cm), and Image: 6 3/4 × 10 inches (17.1 × 25.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.200 Etching"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.200 Bass Rock. Etching"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "3229"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "Provincial Antiquities of Scotland 12"
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W.Turner R.A. | Bass Rock."; lettered, lower right: "Etched by Willm.Miller."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- castle | marine art | ruin | sea
- Associated Places:
- Bass Rock | Bass Rock Castle | East Lothian | Forth, Firth of | North Sea | Scotland | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Miller, 1796–1882, British, Bass Rock, 1826
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.