Bell Rock Lighthouse
- Line engraving and etching, Proof on medium, moderately textured, cream, wove paper, with cream, chine colle
- Sheet (trimmed to plate): 10 1/16 × 13 3/16 inches (25.6 × 33.5 cm), Chine collé: 9 7/16 × 12 1/8 inches (24 × 30.8 cm), and Image: 5 15/16 × 8 3/4 inches (15.1 × 22.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Bell Rock Lighthouse - engraved by Horsburgh | Touched Proof by Turner"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Afterwards considerably lightened on the left horizone."
Collector's stamp, lower righ: "W.G.R."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- lighthouse | marine art | sea
- Associated Places:
- Bell Rock Lighthouse | North Sea | Scotland | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Horsburgh, 1791–1869, British, Bell Rock Lighthouse, 1824
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.