Peppering. 20 October. 1834
- Graphite and white gouache on moderately thick, slightly textured, gray wove paper
- 5 13/16 x 10 1/4 inches (14.8 x 26 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "Peppering. | 20. October. 1834"; Verso: inscribed in pen and brown ink, center: "55. | Upright | Top"; inscribed in graphite, lower center: "17"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- farmhouse | house | landscape | road | trees | windows
- Associated Places:
- Burpham | England | Europe | Peppering Farmhouse | United Kingdom | West Sussex
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Peppering. 20 October. 1834, 1834
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.