Folkestone: Harbour, and Coast to Dover, Kent
- Part Of:
- Line engraving, 3rd state on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper, with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 15 × 21 inches (38.1 × 53.3 cm), Plate: 9 3/4 × 12 inches (24.8 × 30.5 cm), Chine collé: 9 3/8 × 11 1/2 inches (23.8 × 29.2 cm), Image: 6 1/8 × 9 1/4 inches (15.6 × 23.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R | 250"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Taylor Coll."
Stamped on verso: "16848"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- harbor | landscape (representation) | marine art | military art
- Associated Places:
- England | English Channel | Folkestone | Kent | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
The Romantic Landscape Prints - The Chiaroscuro of Nature (Yale Center for British Art, 2002-09-25 - 2002-12-29) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Translations - Turner and Printmaking (Yale Center for British Art, 1993-09-29 - 1993-12-05) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
English Landscape (Paul Mellon Collection) 1630-1850 (Yale Center for British Art, 1977-04-19 - 1977-07-17) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Eric M. Lee, Translations : Turner and printmaking, Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, 1993, pp. 22-3, no. 67, NJ18 .T85 L44 1993 (YCBA) [YCBA]