Bacharach on the Rhine
- Part Of:
- Line engraving, engraver's proof on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper, with gray, chine colle
- Sheet: 17 1/8 × 11 13/16 inches (43.5 × 30 cm), Plate: 9 3/16 × 6 15/16 inches (23.3 × 17.6 cm), Chine collé: 8 7/8 × 6 5/8 inches (22.5 × 16.8 cm), and Image: 3 3/8 × 3 1/8 inches (8.6 × 7.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.418 (b)"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Turner | [hog] Engravers Proof | 10/6"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "Bacharach"
Collector's stamp, lower right: "W.G.R."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- church | landscape (representation) | river | ruins
- Associated Places:
- Bacharach | Germany | Rhine | Saint Peter’s Church | Saint Werner’s Chapel | Stahleck Castle
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Edward Francis Finden, 1791–1857, British, Bacharach on the Rhine, 1832-1834
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.