Bacharach on the Rhine
- Part Of:
- Line engraving, engraver's proof on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper, with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 17 1/8 × 11 13/16 inches (43.5 × 30 cm), Plate: 9 3/16 × 6 15/16 inches (23.3 × 17.6 cm), Chine collé: 8 7/8 × 6 5/8 inches (22.5 × 16.8 cm), and Image: 3 3/8 × 3 1/8 inches (8.6 × 7.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.418 (b)"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Turner | [hog] Engravers Proof | 10/6"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "Bacharach"
Collector's stamp, lower right: "W.G.R."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- church | landscape (representation) | river | ruins
- Associated Places:
- Bacharach | Germany | Rhine | Saint Peter’s Church | Saint Werner’s Chapel | Stahleck Castle
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Edward Francis Finden, 1791–1857, British, Bacharach on the Rhine, 1832-1834
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.