William Tell's Chapel
- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Etching and line engraving; engraver's proof on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper, with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 17 × 12 inches (43.2 × 30.5 cm), Plate: 10 1/4 × 5 5/8 inches (26 × 14.3 cm), Chine collé: 10 × 5 1/4 inches (25.4 × 13.3 cm), Image: 2 7/8 × 3 1/2 inches (7.3 × 8.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R. 349"; lower left: "Tell's Chapel"
Collector's mark: W. G. Rawlinson (Lugt 2624)
Lettered below image: "London. Published September 1, 1829. by R. Jennings, 62 Cheapside."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- chapel | historical subject | lake | landscape (representation)
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Lucerne, Lake | Sisikon | Switzerland | Tellskapelle | Uri
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Wallis, 1794–1878, British, William Tell's Chapel, 1829
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.