A Small Sailing Ship Drawn Up on the Shore Below Some Fortified Buildings
- Gray wash with graphite and black ink on medium, smooth, cream laid paper
- 7 3/8 x 11 1/4 inches (18.7 x 28.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, center: "FPR; on back, center right: "Lo Alexander 57/1 | clip"
watermarks: coat of arms (similar to Heawous 447)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arch | architectural subject | boats | buildings | figures | junk | landscape | marine art | river | ruins
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
William Alexander, 1767–1816, British, A Small Sailing Ship Drawn Up on the Shore Below Some Fortified Buildings, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.