- Part Of:
- Line engraving; engraver's proof on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper with chine-collé
- Sheet: 6 3/4 × 8 7/8 inches (17.1 × 22.5 cm), Plate: 6 × 8 1/4 inches (15.2 × 21 cm), Chine collé: 6 × 8 1/8 inches (15.2 × 20.6 cm), and Image: 3 1/2 × 5 3/8 inches (8.9 × 13.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "507"; lower left: "Engraver's Proof | Loch Katrine Before sky, rocks and road were lightened."; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "L. Katrine"
Blind embossed: "W.G.R"
Lettered below image, lower left: "J.M.W. Turner R.A."; lower right: "W. Miller"; lower center: "Edinburgh, Published by Robert Cadell: and Moon, Boys & Graves, London."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- hill | lake | landscape (environment)
- Associated Places:
- Loch Katrine | Scotland | Stirling | Trossachs
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Miller, 1796–1882, British, Loch Katrine, 1834
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.