IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by William Miller, 1796–1882, British, Berwick-on-Tweed, 1834
- Part Of:
- Line engraving; engraver's proof on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper, with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 8 7/8 × 12 1/8 inches (22.5 × 30.8 cm), Plate: 6 × 8 1/4 inches (15.2 × 21 cm), Chine collé: 5 3/4 × 7 3/4 inches (14.6 × 19.7 cm), Image: 3 1/4 × 5 3/4 inches (8.3 × 14.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "515"; lower left: "Berwish- upon- Tweed- Engraver's proof before light horizontal clouds, on right"
Lettered below image, lower left: "J.M.W. Turner R.A."; lower right: "J. Miller"; lower center: "Edinburgh, Published 1833, by Robert Cadell, and Moon; Boys & Graves, London"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridge | castle | landscape (representation) | literary theme | river
- Associated Places:
- Berwick Bridge | Berwick Castle | Berwick-upon-Tweed | England | Northumberland | Tweed
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.