IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
William Callow, 1812–1908, British, active in France, Mont-Valérien from Bois de Boulogne, 1834
Mont-Valérien from Bois de Boulogne
- Additional Title(s):
The Siene, Mont Valerien, July 17th 1834
- Watercolor with pen and brown ink over graphite, with scratching out on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 4 1/2 × 9 5/8 inches (11.4 × 24.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on mount, lower right: "234" Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper center: "The Siene | Mont Valerien,| July 17th, 1834 | William Callow"
Signed and dated on verso:see inscriptions.
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boat | fort | fortress | hill | landscape | river | trees
- Associated Places:
- Bois de Boulogne | Fort Mont-Valérien | France | Hauts-de-Seine | Paris | Seine | Suresnes | Île-de-France
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.