- Mont-Valérien from Bois de Boulogne
- Watercolor with pen and brown ink over graphite, with scratching out on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 4 1/2 × 9 5/8 inches (11.4 × 24.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on mount, lower right: "234" Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper center: "The Siene | Mont Valerien,| July 17th, 1834 | William Callow"
Signed and dated on verso:see inscriptions.
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boat | fort | fortress | hill | landscape | river | trees
- Associated Places:
- Bois de Boulogne | Fort Mont-Valérien | France | Hauts-de-Seine | Paris | Seine | Suresnes | Île-de-France
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
William Callow, 1812–1908, British, active in France, Mont-Valérien from Bois de Boulogne, 1834
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.