Gloucestershire - a woman and child on a road bordering fields of ripe corn at Moreton-in-Marsh
- Graphite and watercolor with scratching out on moderately thick, rough, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 × 10 inches (17.8 × 25.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite on verso, graphite: "Markon Marsh"
Signed in watercolor, lower left: "WJC"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- child | corn | fields (agricultural land) | genre subject | woman
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Gloucestershire | Moreton-in-Marsh | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
William John Chamberlayne, 1821–1910, Gloucestershire - a woman and child on a road bordering fields of ripe corn at Moreton-in-Marsh, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.