- Part Of:
- Line engraving; engraver's proof on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper with chine-collé
- Sheet: 11 7/8 inches (30.2 cm), Plate: 6 inches (15.2 cm), Chine collé: 5 7/8 inches (14.9 cm), and Image: 3 1/4 inches (8.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R. 493"; lower left: "Carlisle"; lower right: "(See Lay of the Last Minstrel. Cant. I | Sc. VI) | Vol. I Minstrelsy, Frontpiece"
Lettered below image, lower left: "J.M.W Turner R.A."; lower right: "E. Goodall"; lower center "Edinburgh; R.Cadell; Moon, Boys & Graves, London"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridge | castle | landscape (representation) | literary theme | river
- Associated Places:
- Carlisle | Carlisle Castle | Cumbria | Eden | England
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.