Junction of the Greta and the Tees
- Part Of:
- Line engraving on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper with chine-collé
- Sheet: 11 3/4 × 17 1/4 inches (29.8 × 43.8 cm), Plate: 6 × 8 1/8 inches (15.2 × 20.6 cm), Chine collé: 5 5/8 × 8 inches (14.3 × 20.3 cm), and Image: 3 1/4 × 5 3/4 inches (8.3 × 14.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "509"; lower left: "Junction of the Greta and the Lees"; lower right: "Vol IV Rokeby"
Blind embossed: "W.G.R."
Lettered below image, lower left: "J.M.W. Turner R.A."; lower right: "J. Pye"; lower center: "Edinburgh, 1833, R. Cadell, & Moon, Boys & Graves, London"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape (representation) | literary theme | manor house | rivers | tower (building division)
- Associated Places:
- Durham | England | Greta | Mortham Tower | Rokeby | Tees
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Pye, 1782–1874, British, Junction of the Greta and the Tees, 1834
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.