IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by William Miller, 1796–1882, British, Berwick on Tweed, 1834
Berwick on Tweed
- Part Of:
- Line engraving on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper, with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 11 3/4 × 17 1/4 inches (29.8 × 43.8 cm), Plate: 6 × 8 1/4 inches (15.2 × 21 cm), Chine collé: 5 3/4 × 7 7/8 inches (14.6 × 20 cm), Image: 3 1/4 × 5 3/4 inches (8.3 × 14.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Berwick upon Tweed"; lower right: "Vol. XII [...] | seen Halidon Hill act II, Scene 3. p. 85"
Collector's mark: W. G. Rawlinson (Lugt 2624)
Lettered below image, lower left: "J.M.W. Turner R.A."; lower right: "W. Miller"; lower center: "Edinburgh, Robert Cadell, Moon, Boys & Graves, London"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | architectural subject | bridge | castle | landscape (representation)
- Associated Places:
- Berwick Bridge | Berwick Castle | Berwick-upon-Tweed | England | Northumberland | Tweed | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.