Brass Inscription for Henry Cherke, Verare Jenyns and Reverend Samuel Spence from Hayes Church
- Former Title(s):
The Environs of London: Brass Inscription for Henry Cherke, Verare Jenyns and Reverend Samuel Spence from Hayes Church
- Part Of:
- between 1796 and 1811
- Pen and black ink and watercolor over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 15 × 10 7/8 inches (38.1 × 27.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper left: "Hayes Vol VII page 594"; inscribed, upper left: "Hayes Vol VII page 594"; inscribed, upper right: "122"; inscribed, lower left: "In the Chancell"; inscribed, lower right: "In the Middle Ile"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | brass | church | inscription | memorial
- Associated Places:
- England | Greater London | London | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Attributed to Daniel Lysons, 1762–1834, British, Brass Inscription for Henry Cherke, Verare Jenyns and Reverend Samuel Spence from Hayes Church, between 1796 and 1811
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.