IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Attributed to Daniel Lysons, 1762–1834, British, Heston Churchyard with and Artist Sketching the Tomb Stones, between 1796 and 1811
Heston Churchyard with and Artist Sketching the Tomb Stones
- Former Title(s):
The Environs of London: Heston Churchyard with an Artist Sketching the Tomb Stones
- Part Of:
- between 1796 and 1811
- Pen and black ink, and watercolor over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 7/8 × 10 3/4 inches (37.8 × 27.3 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper left: "Heston Vol VIII page 29"; inscribed, upper right: "137"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | church | memorial | tombstones
- Associated Places:
- England | Greater London | Heston | London | St Leonard Church | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.