Brass Chrism of Constance Bownell and her Baby from Heston Church
- Former Title(s):
The Environs of London: Brass Plate of Constance Bothwell and her Baby from Heston Church
- Part Of:
- Pen and black ink and watercolor over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 7/8 × 10 5/8 inches (37.8 × 27 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, upper left: "Heston Vol VIII page 30"; inscribed, upper right: "138"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- brass | church | memorial | plate
- Associated Places:
- England | Greater London | Heston | London | St Leonard Church | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Attributed to Daniel Lysons, 1762–1834, British, Brass Chrism of Constance Bownell and her Baby from Heston Church, 1796-1811
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.