IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Richard Dadd, 1817–1886, British, Portrait of a Monk, 1857
Portrait of a Monk
- Watercolor over graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 7 1/2 x 4 5/8 inches (19.1 x 11.8 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study | genre subject | man | monk | religious | robes | rosary | sandals
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.