Thomas Gainsborough, R.A.
- Red chalk, graphite, black chalk, and white chalk on thin, slightly textured, brown wove paper
- Sheet: 7 1/2 × 4 3/4 inches (19.1 × 12.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Gainsborough"; inscribed on verso in graphite, center: "14"; lower right: "12-1 9"; lower center: "portrait of Gainsborough | by H Fusili"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- man | portrait
- Associated People:
- Gainsborough, Thomas (1727–1788), painter and printmaker
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Sensation and Sensibility: Viewing Gainsborough's " Cottage Door " (The Huntington Library, Art Collections, and Botanical Gardens, 2006-02-11 - 2006-05-14) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Sensation and Sensibility: Viewing Gainsborough's " Cottage Door " (Yale Center for British Art, 2005-10-06 - 2005-12-31) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]